C'ept this time no fooling! (apparently im too late to do so)
So its been awhile since I've taken up sewing. The week after my previous post we added a bouncing baby boy to our family, 2 weeks early according to schedule but of course he arrived perfectly on time!
That said progress ground to a halt and though I thought I would be able to sneak time in our other little one (3 years) needed a bit more attention than usual and she certainly deserved it. So ... stitching took a back seat to family. A very deep practice indeed!
Sitting 2 nights ago, the thought of getting back to work on the Kesa kept popping in there. Better get going. And I did. The en is all on and I'm just making the remaining stitches around the middle of the en. I also measured and ironed out the Joro and Daiza, ironed and stitched the ties. Tonight I am thinking I will be able to finish the stitches on the en and get the button holes stitched and cut in the Daiza.
Now I must say The en was tricky. Because the panels had quite a bit of difference between them I had to measure and cut off the excess (which meant rip some stitches, tie them off and then finish the rest). Some panels were just a tad shy of 4 cm needed to do the en the way I read to. I decided to work in a reverse order and i cut my en to be 4 cm folded so that there was material on both sides of the Kesa. This way it "hid" the imperfections and allows me to put a backing on it. This is going to be my winter Kesa - I plan to sew another very soon with all light weight material I can round up.
Welp off to sit then sew!
Oh um pics will be posted later tonight after i get some of the mess of the poor rags... cats like a folded basket of material :(